Friday, October 29, 2004

A Breaking, All-over Light

OC said - "The Spirit of God brings it with a breaking, all-over light, and I know, though I do not know how, that I am saved."

This describes exactly what happened to me as I sat in my truck on a look-out point over the Stewart River on the road to Mayo, Yukon. I was confused, upset, and talking to God even though I told myself I didn't believe in Him. I had no idea what happened - how it was that I knew with such absolute certainty that I had just been forgiven, simply by asking to be. But I knew that it was so and my life changed from that moment on. (To read a few more details go to www.vinemarc.com/articles.htm

The "breaking, all-over light" dawned slowly, but as it rose in me, it began to shine out. People told me I actually seemed to physically change appearance. Two women who had known me as the miserable grouchy postal clerk argued as to whether I was in fact the same person. They were both right. I was, but I was not. Glory to God.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I'm still grouchy at times, but there's a hope that wasn't there before my relationship with Christ. I am prone to whine when it seems that "life sucks," and yet after that moment or two of venting, I know I will go on to better things. With God, all things are possible. :)