Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Cunning Skeptic

To follow along, click on - www.gospelcom.net/rbc/utmost

"Look back at your own experience and you will find that until you learned Who Jeus was, you were a cunning skeptic about His power."

Oh so true. I was a cunning skeptic for many years, denying the grace and power of God until the circumstances in my life demanded that I take another look. I'll never forget that summer - two friends committed suicide, a neighbour's baby drowned, a friend drowned in a canoeing accident, and another in a care accident. And in the midst of the whirlwind I got married! God got our attention soon after and began demonstrating His love for us immediately. He gave us a 'miracle' child, plopped us into a wonderful group of people who were just as excited about being new Christians, and then moved us to a Bible college in Saskatchewan to continue the journey. There has never been a dull moment since.
Whenever that cunning skeptic rears her ugly head - and she still does from time to time - all I have to do is look back. It truly helps me "face facts in the valley" and my faith grows.
God is so good!
Blessings on your day. :)Marci

No comments: