Friday, October 08, 2004

Putting the Axe to the Root

Oh dear. I knew Oswald was going to do it to me again. He always does. Today he's talking about putting the axe to the root of whatever is holding you back from coming to Jesus. He says, "The Holy Spirit will locate the one impregnable thing in you, but He cannot budge it unless you are willing to let Him."
It reminds me of the time my husband and his associate and his wife took a counselling course. I took one look at the sylabus and said, uh, uh, not this chicken. I was conspicuous by my absence. The course was intense and in a way it was probably best that we didn't take it at the same time. It took me two years to finally take that step. It was intense and painful and humiliating in some ways, but the joy and freedom that came made it worth it all.
"For the joy set before Him..." oh, if we could only keep our eyes on that - on Him - it would be so much easier to take hold of that axe!
Blessings M

No comments: