Friday, October 15, 2004

When the Spirit Comes In

Chambers says - "When the Holy Ghost comes in He does not consider my predilections, He brings me into union with the Lord Jesus."

And the scripture says - "While we were yet sinners..."

And this is the most unreasonable part of the Gospel. That the Spirit would come in even though my predilections are to reject what God wants, to disobey him, to continually fall on my face in sin and in short, to be entirely human. That God would nonetheless instill in me His own Spirit ought to make me fall on my face in adoration. He loves me that much. He wants me to know Him that badly. He's willing to go before His Father and say, "Look, this one belongs to me," even though I'm a dismal failure at being his follower.
How can we not love such a God?!

No comments: