Wednesday, January 26, 2005

What were they thinking?

According to this source - www.powells.com/portal/LiteraryNotes.html
It's Australia Day - celebrating the founding of that country. The source outlines how Australia was colonized by prisoners shipped from Britain. As I read the short blurb, it occurred to me that the British strategy was rather strange. Think about it. They were wanting to colonize and control - would putting a bunch of rebellious prisoners on an island in the South Pacific seem like a good way to do that? What were they thinking?
But then, when I think about it, isn't that what God did too? He created our planet, put us here, and allowed us to choose how to live. We haven't made very good choices throughout history. Sometimes I wonder what he was thinking. But he had a purpose, a plan, and it's still unfolding. Just like those early Australians, we're prisoners who've been given a second chance, an opportunity to get it right.
God does have a plan. And it's very well thought out. I thank God he chose us - chose me - to be part of it.
Blessings on your day.
:) M

No comments: