Monday, March 14, 2005

Just returned from speaking at a women's retreat in Saskatchewan. Great time. It never ceases to amaze me how God speaks when we open our mouths in obedience.

As usual, I'm sure I learned much more than the ladies there. Preparing the four sessions wasn't easy. I found the theme, A Circle of Friends, a bit hard to write to. But then God started opening things up to me - like the passages in Thessalonians from which my husband has been preaching for the past month or more. He was quite surprised when I told him I was using some of the same passages to talk about friendship. "Friendship?" he frowned. It's there - the whole book shows us how to treat friends, when you look at it that way.
And there were all kinds of other little things God brought my way - a verse that I read in the course of my devotions, a book sitting in a discount bin, even a joke or two.

It was obvious He was involved during the weekend, by the reaction of some of the people there. And one of the delights was meeting people who had connections to people and places I mentioned. The greatest delight was hearing people say - "I thought you were talking just to me. I needed that so much!"

I'm hoping to download some audio here if the recording turned out okay - I haven't had the chance to check yet. That's if I can figure out how to do it! :)

Blessings on your day. M

No comments: