Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Nest Yourself

My daughter called the other day. She's living in the city, about an hour north of us and is in a state of inbetween. Not a fun place to be. Been there. Didn't like it.
She has begun the process of applying to go to Bangladesh with a mission group. But meantime she has to decide if she should stay in the city, at a job she doesn't really enjoy, or maybe move home, save some money and take any kind of work she can find here.
I was praying for her this morning and turned to Psalm 84 - it was mentioned on Sunday, so I was following up.
It's a beautiful Psalm, full of the longing in the heart of a believer. I especially like the lines - "Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young - a place near your altar, O Lord Almighty, my King and my God." (v3)
So I wrote a note to Laura - nest yourself near the Lord and it won't matter where you live, you'll always be able to fly.

No comments: