Saturday, October 15, 2005

Midnight Musings

It's late and I should be asleep because we have a very busy day tomorrow. I teach Sunday school while my husband travels to a small community south of here to preach in the new church plant. He'll arrive back at our church in time to preach there, then we have a memorial service at the home of a friend. Her brother just died but because of tension in the family they aren't going to be at his memorial service so they are having a small gathering to try and do one on their own. So sad to see such pain upon pain.

Then we'll be on the road again, north this time to attend a gathering of a few pastors & wives. It's about 2 hours from here so we probably won't be home till midnight.
And here I am wide awake. Serves me right, though - Spence brought me a piece of chocolate cake about 7:00 and I ate it. Bad thing to do if you want to sleep!

Anyway - Laura is in Toronto - leaves for Bangladesh on Tuesday. She seems to be getting nervous. So am I. She'll have a few hours layover in London but a direct flight from there to Bangladesh so that's good.

In some ways I'll feel better once she's there.

I'm reading a great book by Carol Kent - When I Lay My Isaac Down.
Wow. It was loaned to me but I'm going to go buy a copy - it's one those you want to have on hand to lend to friends and read again yourself.

Maybe i'll try and sleep now. 'Night. m

No comments: