Thursday, January 26, 2006

Just a dash

Sometimes it amazes me how the same things keep popping up - God trying to tell me something and knowing it takes several tries to break through! A while ago it was the theme of living wholeheartedly for Him. Now it's about the often recurring doubt that what I'm doing as a writer has any impact at all - I posted on this on my blog this morning -(www.writer-lee.blogspot.com). Then clicked into the blog Dave linked to today and on to her reveiw of Anne Lamott's latest book.

And there it was again - this wonderful quote -“Holiness has most often been revealed to me in the exquisite pun of the first syllable, in holes—in not enough help, in brokenness, mess. . . .In holes and lostness I can pick up the light of small ordinary progress, newly made moments flecked like pepper into the slog and the disruptions.” (p 6, Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith)

It's the pepper flecks that count - the one tiny speck of hope we throw out every time we write in Christ's name, every time we whisper a prayer, every time we turn our faces to God.

So I am encouraged - to keep on keeping on.

No comments: