Saturday, March 04, 2006

Snow days

Whew we have a pile of snow here now - after the majority of the winter passing with none, it's wonderful to see the landscape covered with the thick gleaming white and the trees decorated with rounded shawls and scarves. Driving, on the other hand, isn't much fun - I had to take my daughter's friend home this morning and the long road to her country home made me grip the steering wheel pretty tightly. But our little Neon takes to it quite well - ploughing through the drifts and navigating the ruts without getting stuck - PTL!

Meg and I went to Red Deer after dropping her off, and had a good time together. I've been feeling like we've been kind of neglecting her lately so it was great to be able to have some car time to talk and shopping time to spend money - hers and mine - and story time on the way back to share what we've been writing. She has started another fantasy story - book length, she thinks. She has a great imagination and the twists and turns in her stories are quite intriguing.

Speaking of books ... I'm wanting to get back at mine but have had a lot on my plate lately and it's not going to let up for a while. I'm about to start another online devotional course so that will take some effort, and then the AGC conference is at the end of the month and I'm coordinating the women's part. Maybe in April ...

And then it will be May and Laura will be home. Yahoo! And the short list for the two contests I entered will be out - oh my! And my 55th birthday will come and go- oh dear!

Time zooms. Life is good. God is great.
:)M

No comments: