Friday, April 10, 2009

What Easter Means to Me

No more loneliness. The One who stepped out of that tomb is holding my hand.
No more striving to perform and please. I don’t have to earn His love, it’s freely given.
No more guilt. “For there is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.”
No more self-loathing. I am known to my innermost depths yet loved as a child of God.
No more hate. He gave His life for me, forgave me and made it possible for me to forgive.
No more stress about loved ones. They are all in His care.
No more fear. I know when I face God some day the Spirit of His Son will be shining out from within me.
No more confusion about death. I know some day I’ll rise just like He did.
The glory of Easter shines over us all, over all the pain and strife and ugliness of this world. Some day He will return and wipe it all away. Come, Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

DJ said...

Marci,
Thank you for the beautiful post.