Saturday, July 09, 2011

What it's all About

Sometimes I have a problem with people. They do things I think they shouldn't, say things I think are inappropriate or just plain mean, act like they don't know who Jesus is and what he wants us to do.

Then they surprise me.

I was surprised the other day when I encountered a couple of these people I had a problem with a while ago. "We've been praying for you, they said. Every day."

Every day? Wham. Smack. Ouch. On my face again, tears in my eyes asking God to forgive me and please, please take this monumental log out of my eye so I can see as he does, hear as he hears, love as he loves. Please.

Then I realized maybe that's what all of this journey is about. Putting me on my face, on my knees, talking to God about things I've been trying to ignore for too long, putting me in places, like cancer clinics and hospital waiting rooms where there aren't many people I can have a problem with - just people in need of one another and God.

Not a bad place to be, in spite of it all.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I am so blessed by your honesty and the way you share your heart Marcia. Honestly, I hate those moments of being knocked down by conviction and yet at the same time, I'm thankful for them.

Thank you for your continued sharing and openness. HUGSSSSSSS