Saturday, January 07, 2012

1000 Things

New Beginnings -

I'm a little late getting started on this, but I've decided to that the Joy Dare with Ann Voskamp and many others. I'll be posting here as well as keeping a hand-written journal. So far this is what I've done -

Day One - she picked a hard one to start off - 3 things about myself I'm grateful for -
1 - an ability to adapt and "go with the flow" - most of the time. :)
2 - a willingness to keep trying, even when I blow it badly.
3 - the deep seed of Christian heritage that has kept me rooted in Christ.

Day Two - A gift outside - clear sidewalks; Inside - a clean house, dishes done thanks to my hsuband; On a plate - this one was easy - Turkey! :0

Day three - three lines overheard that were graces - will have to continue to listen for these -


Day four - One gift, old, new, blue
old - my geraniums that just won't quit blooming, even in January

new - the lovely journal I'll use for this project - a gift from my dear friend Pauline

blue - a soft chambray shirt, found on sale. :)










Day five - Something I'm reading - Sutter's Cross - Dale Cramer's first book - have loved some of his others, especially Summer of Light.

Something I'm making - this journal


Something I'm seeing - birds in a tree near the hospital. They made me smile - all grace, singing.

The photo to the left is of a painting done by my daughter, Laura, given to me for Christmas by my daughter Kate. Do you see the bird?




Day six - one thing in my bag - two gift certificates to local bookstores. Have been pondering what books to buy. :)

in my fridge - leftovers - they are always better the second time around.

in my heart - thankfulness for clear roads and sunshine - in January!



Day seven - three graces from people I love -
1 - Laura's spontaneous hugs and kisses that always surprise me
2 - Katie's text messages just to see how I'm doing.
3 - my husband's smile when I arrive back home.

1 comment:

Carol J. Garvin said...

I pray the Joy Dare will bring you much blessing, Marcia. I'm doing it, too, although privately, just using a new journal, not my blog. :)